Zucchini Choc Chip Muffins



From the mum who brought you the delicious recipe for Apple & Oat Muffins, comes a new and delicious recipe! Anisia is back with another family-friendly winner :-)

"Thought I'd send through this recipe I found (and slightly altered) from allrecipes.com. Both of my kids (now 16 months and 2.5 years) are very picky eaters and my biggest struggle is getting them to eat vegetables!! Soooo, I searched around for a recipe that would mask some veg for them. I found these Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins! Chocolate is a special treat in our house (for the kids that is!!!) so they were very excited about these. My eldest started by picking away at the choc chips but then ended up eating the rest of it anyway. He also ate his sister's leftovers. I consider this a big success!!!!"

Ingredients
1 1/2 Cups plain flour
1 tsp Baking powder
1/2 Cup Raw sugar
1 tsp Carb soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 Cup vegetable oil
1/4 Cup milk
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Cup finely grated zucchini
1/2 Cup chocolate chips
1/2 Cup chopped walnuts (I used almond meal as i didn't have walnuts)

Directions
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease 12 muffin cups, or line with patty pans. Alternatively, you could use mini muffin pans (makes 24).

Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Mix egg, oil, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract in another bowl; stir into dry ingredients until just moistened. Fold in zucchini, chocolate chips, and walnuts. Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.
Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 15-20 minutes.