Kids Food Ideas


Here's one for my fellow mums...do you ever find yourself getting into a "food rut" when it comes to your kids' lunches?  I know it's happening to me when they get cheese sandwiches for three days in a row.  Now, it could be worse - I know cheese sandwiches aren't THAT bad, but I know I can do better!  They will eat healthy, colourful, vege-ful foods if I give it to them, so why offer them the plain and less nutritious food?  So hopefully I can give you a bit of inspiration to spruce up snack time and get these kiddies loving fresh & healthy options!

First up, the photo above - there's nothing ground-breaking about this morning tea, but my toddler thought it was fantastic, and all I did was pop it into silicone cupcake molds - easy!  Also handy to portion out things like the popcorn, which little Miss would happily snack on all day if she had access to the big container.


Next, a thrown-together lunch, just using what I had in the fridge and pantry.  Some leftover brown rice from dinner the night before, creamed corn, chopped ham and tomato, with a sprinkle of grated cheese.


An easy salad made up of shredded lettuce, grated cheese, grated carrot, corn, celery, mushroom and a squeeze of mayo - they loved it!


I thought I was a pretty cool mum when I thought of this one!  My kids love eating wraps, so I mixed it up one day, spread egg & lettuce over a wrap, topped it with another wrap and cut it into wedges. - a bit like a quesadilla.  So easy, but something a bit different!


This is the same concept, using ham, cheese, tomato, capsicum and dried herbs, heated slightly in the microwave.  A bit of a lunch pizza!

I hope this helps to give you some ideas and inspiration.  It really is easy to give yummy and healthy options, that take very little preparation.  Try something new today!